Thursday 3 April 2014

Lindt Creation: Velvety Vanilla Almond, Heavenly Crème Brûlée and Tiramisu

Having never actually seen nor heard of Lindt Creation before, I bought these thinking they were rare and that I wouldn't get the opportunity again. I also thought that maybe they were only sold on the continent... *update* - they are actually available in most supermarkets

Aesthetically satisfying: from the Lindt signature, sophisticated cardboard packaging to the curved, smooth tops of the milk chocolate

Velvety Vanilla Almond
A sharp, sweet, toffee aroma; becoming sickly fairly quickly

Each piece consisted of a caramel layer on top of a vanilla flavoured truffle with crunchy almond pieces dispersed within

It tasted very sweet, my initial reaction likened it to ice cream! At first I thought the caramel was pushing this chocolate to beyond desired sweetness, but it was actually the vanilla truffle. The caramel was rich whereas the vanilla flavouring was sharply sweet

I didn't find the almond to be lost in taste, and actually it slightly rounded off that sweetness; however, all still tasted fairly artificial. I grew to enjoy the overall taste, and the milk chocolate (and the caramel) tasted beautifully rich. I liked the texture of this chocolate with the hard coating, soft truffle and viscous caramel

Heavenly Crème Brûlée
Again, a very sweet aroma but this time much more tolerable. I liked it. Having loud notes of cream and malted milk with a touch of vanilla

The caramelised sugar pieces added a crunch, however I wasn't so crazy about this. But the taste was great, a creamy custard with a soft vanilla. Strangely though, it left an almost bitter after taste?

Tiramisu
This bar weighed 150g, followed a different mould and was named 'Extremely Creamy' (the other two were 'Milk'). The aroma was cloying. There was a strong almond and vanilla. The taste took a while to surface coffee, but was very subtle. The flavour was predominantly almond and vanilla

There were pieces of biscuit that added a crunch to the very soft filling. I liked it, but it did not resemble a Tiramisu - it was almost as if it was a mix of the Vanilla Almond and Crème Brûlée...

Overall, I especially enjoyed the firm bite and curved tops of the Vanilla Almond and Crème Brûlée, the Tiramisu felt a lot softer. The bar was divided into large pieces meaning that you had to bite through each piece...thus creating an exciting experience as you're more aware of the texture contrasts; the hard coating against the soft filling... 

Taste wise, it was inevitable that these were going to be sweet, it would have been riotous for them not to be. These Creations were a genius idea from Lindt, and for someone who doesn't really like Lindt (except the Excellence)... I actually really enjoyed these. A must try!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Velvety Almond Vanilla, but I haven't been able to get it for several months. I hope it hasn't been deleted from the range. - Shirley, July 1, 2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Woops! I got that around the wrong way! Should be....
    Velvety Vanilla Almond.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. il fait du chocolat il fait du caramel

    ReplyDelete