Thursday, 5 December 2013

Green & Black's Dark Chocolate 85%

*update* this was my first ever chocolate tasting

Breaking off a piece of this chocolate proved difficult, slowly losing my patience, I eventually saw the delicate ripples on the chocolate where it finally snapped. The surface was smooth and shiny, which I believe is due to the cocoa butter being properly crystallised (during tempering)

The aroma of this 85% was incredible. I closed my eyes whilst smelling; mentally seeking through my index of smells. Oh how sweet this chocolate was to the nose. I begun sensing fruity elements: hints of cherry and plum

The taste of this Green & Black's straight away presented me with a bitter kick, in a mild and elegant way of course. Firstly there was an earthy background, with light hints of tobacco and espresso but after it begun to melt on my tongue I was pleasantly surprised with its sudden sweetness; the Madagascan vanilla and sugar exposing themselves. I really wasn't expecting that transition, the evolving flavour truly was something beautiful to experience

A harmonious journey I've been taken on by Green & Black's 85% cocoa. All the different flavours revealing themselves one after another

I do, of course, recommend this bar...but only to those who can really appreciate intensely dark chocolate. When eating this bar, I want you to take it slowly and experience each and every sensation it has to offer

The fact that Green & Black's is all organically sourced and fairtrade is just a bonus, and not the real selling point of this bar... no, the selling point is definitely the chocolate itself

3 comments:

  1. Did you think about picking the best Bitcoin exchange company - YoBit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you tired of searching for bitcoin faucets?
    Double your claiming speed with this new BTC FAUCET ROTATOR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World’s Best Social Trading Network.

    Join millions who have already found smarter methods for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from experienced eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete